The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation will be holding a mandatory workshop for faculty members who have recently joined UNR and who plan to serve as a principal investigator (PI) on sponsored projects. Featuring presentations from the Office of Sponsored Projects, Office of Lab Animal Resources, Research Integrity Office, and Environmental Health and Safety, the workshop will provide essential information on UNR policies and procedures relevant to sponsored projects:
- Animal research use and care
- Human research participants
- Conflict of interest
- Research ethics
- Allowable sponsored project costs
- Sponsored project effort reporting
- U.S. export controls and economic sanctions
- Health and safety in research endeavors
If you are unfamiliar with UNR policies regarding the above topics and plan serve as PI on a sponsored project, this workshop is for you!
Date: October 2, 2015
Time: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Location: Joe Crowley Student Union Theatre, 3rd Floor
RSVP: To register for this workshop, please email Erika Waday, email@example.com.